||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED.
• Must meet the minimum requirements for an ATP or RATP certificate.
• ATP written is preferred.
• Meet the current interview and hiring minimum age and flight hours requirements set by the FAA and Company.
If a candidate interviews with the interview minimums, but not the hiring minimums, s/he will be eligible for hire upon successful completion of the interview process if s/he:
• Meets the Hiring Minimums within six months of the interview date.
• Has no certificate action since the date of the interview.
• Has no misdemeanors or felonies since the interview date.
• Accepts class date within six months of the interview date.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Prior customer service experience, preferably in an aviation environment.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and understand technical procedures and governmental regulations, sometimes quickly and under stressful or emergency situations. Able to effectively present information to and respond to questions from management, dispatch, crew, passengers, air traffic control, and the general public. Able to speak and be understood in English, including shouted verbal commands during emergency situations.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
• limited standardization exists. Capable of interpreting a variety of and multiple instructions furnished in
• written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to remain calm, think and react quickly in all types
• of emergency situations including but not limited to: medical emergencies, aircraft decompression,
• emergency evacuations, fires, security threats, passenger disturbances, turbulence, etc.
• Able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat and/or crawl.
• Able to sit without standing for long periods of time.
• Capable of lifting or moving items at different heights weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Able to adhere to the visual demands set in the medical standards established by the FAA.
• Able to hear clearly verbal communications in person, on the telephone, and over a headset with ambient aircraft and passenger noise.
• Possess the stamina needed to work long days, on sequential days, with frequent change in temperatures, climate and weather conditions.
• Must be able to move about the aircraft and perform all required functions freely, effectively and quickly in confined environment.
• Must be able to sit in pilot’s seat or assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened without any modifications.