• 3,500 Total Time – Preferred
• 1,000 Pilot-In-Command Time – Preferred
• 500hr Off Shore Helicopter experience – Preferred
• Experience supervising, directing, and maintaining the training of direct reports in the performance of routine duties preferred.
• Acts upon an acquired knowledge of how equipment functions, anticipates and corrects problems before they occur or before other parts of aviation equipment are affected.
• Demonstrates the ability to routinely operate aviation equipment unsupervised, while maintaining equipment in a safe, environmentally sound condition and maintaining neat and accurate records of the operations.
• Demonstrates the ability to recognize when non-standard or non-routine conditions exist, notify supervisory staff, and offer recommendations for solutions to the problem.
• Basic mathematic and mechanical skills.
• Ability to travel to remote locations via large and small planes, helicopter or boat, and ability to don and doff immersion suit.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
• Ability to consider safety in all decisions.
Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent or any equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating sufficient knowledge, ability and skill to handle the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• FAA ATP – Rotary wing - Preferred
• FAA Commercial & Instrument – Rotary wing - Required
• 1st Class FAA medical Certificate – Preferred
• NVG Qualification – Preferred
• Current 12 Month Bell 212 Simulator training – Preferred
• Current HUET Training – Preferred