||EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years’ experience substitution must be in related field.
• Experience in aircraft type and or type rating a plus but not required. FlightSafety will type applicant if selected.
• To join the FlightSafety team as a pilot instructor to provide ground and simulator training you must have:
o Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP or Part 61.159/61.161, or 61.163 experience, as applicable) with appropriate category, class and type ratings, and
o FAA Flight Instructor Certificate (CFI – Certified Flight Instructor) (currency, not required); or
o Ground Instructor Certificate with an Instrument rating and an advanced rating (AGII); or
o A rating equivalent to either of the above, issued by another country’s aviation authority; or
o Documented military Flight Instructor training and experience; or
o Documented experience as a pilot instructor in a Part 142, and/or 135 / 121 Air Carrier operations, or another country’s aviation authority.
o A Medical Certificate is not required unless training or instructing in the actual aircraft.
• Interact with Simulator Mx technicians concerning all Simulator functions and malfunctions as well as ensure all malfunctions are documented properly using appropriate forms.
• Perform administrative duties relative to training such as preparing for the delivery of training, record keeping, monitoring customer progress, training development and maintenance of training programs.
• Report to the Director of Training (DOT) any Customer training problems (poor performance, Customer/Instructor conflicts, excessive tardiness, etc.).
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write.
• Must be an excellent listener and presenter in order to meet and exceed the Customer’s expectations during the training process.
• Ability to read, write and/or speak a foreign language may be helpful in some Centers, where applicable.
• IBM PC and/or compatible computer with printer; various standard office equipment
• General knowledge of: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Database: MS Access, preferred.