||REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, with at least two years of customer service experience.
• Must be 21 years of age by the date of the first interview.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Additional years of customer service experience, preferably in an aviation environment.
• Previous Flight Attendant experience.
• Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
• Must be willing and able to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Must be able and willing to serve and handle peanuts, meals containing shellfish/seafood, beef and pork.
• Able to work with animals and around other allergens and products.
• Must not have tattoos visible while in uniform.
• Must not have multiple piercings visible while in uniform.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
• Able to effectively present information to and respond to questions from management, crew, passengers and the general public.
• Able to speak and be understood in English, including shouted verbal commands during emergency situations.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY:
• Must be willing to work in a time-sensitive environment and effectively handle stress that is associated with meeting deadlines and managing unexpected change.
• Capable of interpreting a variety of and multiple instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must be able to remain calm, think and react quickly in all types of emergency situations including but not limited to: medical emergencies, aircraft decompression, emergency evacuations, fires, security threats, passenger disturbances, turbulence, etc.
• Makes day to day decisions used to support the operation. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured.
• Able to process information quickly and react in a positive manner during unexpected and/or serious situations.
• Capable of controlling personal and emotional responses and acting appropriately under high levels of stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits using necessary movements and force up to and including 70 pounds.
• Capable of lifting objects above shoulders up to and including 35 pounds.
• Able to push and pull moveable carts weighing in excess of 250 pounds.
• Able to walk and stand for extended periods, sometimes with aircraft turbulence.
• Must be able to stoop, crouch, squat, climb and kneel.
• Able to see clearly at 20 feet or more with corrective lenses or contacts.
• Able to clearly hear verbal communications in person and over airplane communication systems with ambient aircraft and passenger noise.
• Must be able to sit in assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened without any modifications.
• Must be able to move about aircraft and perform all required functions freely, effectively and quickly in confined environment.
• Able to work extended duty periods on sequential days.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Able and willing to work in a culturally diverse atmosphere and professionally interact with passengers and crew under stressful conditions.
• The ability to accommodate customers’ special needs/disabilities.
• Willing and able to work for extended periods of time as well as a varied schedule, including early mornings, nights, overnights and weekends.
Travel up to 100% of the time, including nights, weekends, holidays and overnight. Willing to relocate based on the Company’s operational needs.