Previous experience with Part 121 air carrier or military flight operations required. Must qualify as per CFR 49 Part 119.67.
• 119.67(a)(1) - The applicant must be a holder of an airline transport certificate.
• 119.67(a)(2) - Have at least 3 years supervisory or managerial experience within the last 6 years in a position that exercised operational control over any operations conducted with large airplanes under part 121.
• 119.67(a)(3) - In the case of a person becoming a Director of Operations for the first time, have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of a large airplane operated under part 121.
• Associate’s degree in related discipline is highly desirable.
Other Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Effective leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate with a wide variety of audiences including senior level managers, regulatory agencies, contractors, company-wide peers, subordinates and others.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, a 5-year background check and a 10-year criminal records check.