High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one (1) year experience in a comparable position. Must demonstrate a minimum keyboard speed of forty (40) wpm with ninety (90) percent accuracy. Experience working in a related field as part of a multidisciplinary team preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
FAA certification in accordance with the applicable Academy (AMA) Work Instructions (AMAWI-50033 or AMAWI-50034)
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
• Basic knowledge and understanding of computer technology and related tools (i.e., tablets, notebooks, applications, video simulations, etc.)
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to read and interpret materials such as diagrams and manuals
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and coworkers, as well as a wide range of people with diverse backgrounds
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to apply good listening skills and to handle unusual or complex situations with a calm and focused approach
• Ability to respond to requests in a professional, helpful and timely manner
• Ability to use tact in handling difficult individuals and/or situations
• Solid critical thinking skills with ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems / issues
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment and to learn / apply new knowledge and techniques related to technologic simulations and training exercises
• Ability to be proactive, take initiative and accept accountability for assigned work functions
• Flexible with ability to work a variety of shift assignments, including inclement weather conditions
• Ability to be reliable and punctual
• Ability to effectively work both independently and in a team environment
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.