• An unrestricted ATP certificate, or an ICAO member state Airline Transport Pilot License*
• Must have five (5) years of related experience.
• *If no ATP, must meet the requirements of:
o 14 CFR part 61.153
o 14 CFR part 61.64 without a Supervised Operating Experience (SOE) limitation.
• Basic computer proficiency – Microsoft Office and other internet based programs
• A minimum of one unrestricted PIC type rating;
• FAR Part 135, FAR Part 121, or military training experience;
• 2,500 hours of total flight time
EASA / European instructor requirements:
Hold or have held a CPL, MPL or ATPL in the appropriate aircraft category (although see below);
Must have five (5) years of related experience.
MPA: for an SFI(A) for multi-pilot airplanes, have at least 1,500 hours flight time as a pilot on multi-pilot airplanes
SPHPCA: for an SFI(A) for single-pilot high performance complex airplanes (such as Mustang, PC-24, HA-420, Premier, C525, etc)
• Have at least 1,500 hours flight time as a pilot in multi-pilot operations (such as flying for a Commercial Operator in SPHPCA which requires 2 pilots) to train Multi-Pilot Operations
• Have at least 500 hours of flight time as PIC on single-pilot airplanes
• Hold or have held a multi-engine IR(A) rating