Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to performing the essential functions of this job description OR a minimum of 4 years of experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description. Other requirements include:
• Internal candidates must have a minimum of 6 months as an Aviation Pilot Instructor 1 or demonstrated performance as evaluated by a management panel
• Certified Flight Instructor-Instrument (or military equivalent)
• Must possess experience in the aviation industry and working with and/or using avionics
• Must demonstrate proficiency using a presentation program (Prezi, Power Point, Keynote etc.)
• Must be detail-oriented and work proactively and effectively
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
• Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
• Ability to develop training products that are clear, engaging, technically accurate, and follow a logical sequence,
• Ability and product knowledge to tailor system information, based on available time and customer airframe, into a coherent presentation that meets customer needs
• Ability to manage and tailor a class with a wide range of Garmin and industry avionics experience.
• Comfortable conducting training with audiences varying from one-on-one, to standard classes of 10 – 20 students, and to larger audiences with 300 or more attendees.
• Customer service experience
• Experience in developing interactive, multimedia training materials
• Knowledge of competitive avionics
• Practical experience in post-secondary or adult education
• Advanced understanding of Power Point
• 1000+ flight hours, turbine aircraft experience, Part 61 and/or Part 141 flight instructor experience, Part 91, Part 121, and/or Part 135 operational experience, or type ratings.