• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have a maintenance background
• Must be mechanically inclined.
• Must currently have or be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to learn additional computer skills/software programs.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff including interactions with other crew members.
• Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for the majority of the day.
• Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
• Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
• May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
• Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
• Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
• Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
• May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
• May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure. May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft. Must be able to travel to and between remote locations in austere and/or hostile environments.