Bachelors degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience/combined education, with a minimum of 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Key skills and knowledge required are:
• The position involves significant teamwork and coordination with flight test co-workers in a variety of disciplines (pilots, mechanics, inspectors, instrumentation and data technicians), customer representatives and subject matter expert design engineers. Good interpersonal skills are imperative.
• Personal flexibility is required to occasionally support unusual working hours and travel to conduct off-site testing.
• Candidate must possess exceptional time-management and prioritization skills.
• This assignment covers all disciplines of developmental flight test, a strong cross discipline understanding of rotary wing development issues is required.
• analytical thinking and problem solving
• excellent communication skills--written and oral
• general aviation knowledge
Work is being performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
• Extensive experience in developmental helicopter flight testing and data analysis. Experience with Sikorsky flight test processes and ADAPS software preferred.
• Minimum of four years of experience within Sikorsky, 20 preferred.
• Leadership and people management experience on technical flight test projects is preferred
• Highly motivated team player with pronounced verbal and written technical communication skills.