||Competency and Physical Requirements:
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Safety -
• Successfully completes all Jet Aviation Flight Services required safety training including evacuation, fire, decompression and first aid drills.
• Ability to remove incapacitated crew members or passengers from aircraft on land or in water Ability to successfully launch a life raft weighing approximately 60 lbs.
• Ability to lift, open and manipulate aircraft door and window exits weighing up to 130 pounds Ability to assist passengers in an emergency evacuation
• Ability to safely open and jump from emergency exits approximately six feet high Ability to work extended work periods that may exceed 14 hours
• Ability to complete and pass an FAA criminal background check
• Ability to read, write, understand and speak English fluently and communicate safety instructions to others who may not speak English
• Ability to travel internationally and communicate successfully with vendors in different countries who may not speak English
• Customer Service -
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs Solicits customer feedback to improve service
• Accomplish tasks that may be outside the written requirements stated in job description Meets commitments to our clients
• Manage to meet changing client and scheduling demands Culinary and food service skills at a four star level
• Interpersonal Skills – Maintains strict confidentiality
• Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Gives and welcomes feedback
• Contributes to building a positive crew spirit
• Puts safety and the success of team above own interests
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Must have experience working large cabin aircraft.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred One to three years commercial or corporate experience preferred
• Safety training from an approved Jet Aviation Flight Services vendor
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos Ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to effectively present safety information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs Ability to complete expense reports and convert foreign currencies
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations Ability to solve customer service challenges by making decisions to protect the safety and well being of our clients and protect the reputation of the company
• Crew resource management skills are essential for normal and emergency operations
• Ability to make decisions that will be in the financial best interest of the company and the client
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, common personal devices and how they interact with aircraft software. Individual must be willing to keep up with changing aircraft software solutions and be able to train part time or contract crew members on aircraft technology
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certain JAFS required training may be completed internally or through JAFS approved vendors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the cabin attendant is frequently required to stand for prolonged periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. A cabin attendant works in an environment subject to varying climatic conditions including positive and negative G-forces induced by turbulence and varying levels of cabin pressurization. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up luggage and carry on articles of varying weights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.