||Knowledge & Skills:
• Must be capable of performing pre/post flight, daily inspections and aircraft servicing functions.
• Must be able to operate GSE in support of the assigned aircraft.
• Maintenance experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable. aircraft structures, hydraulics, pneumatics, or egress systems.
• Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance.
• Perform flight line essential services and other maintenance related actions as directed to support the daily Flight Schedule.
• Shall be licensed to drive and operate Ground Support Equipment.
• Plane Captain certified in accordance with a Government approved certification process for each T/M/S applicable to their background experience and/or documented equivalent training for the applicable T/M/S.
• Knowledge of the use of aircraft hand tools, special tools, and test equipment is required.
• Must have a working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and know how to operate portable firefighting equipment.
Experience & Education:
• The candidate must have completed the Navy Skill Specialty Class “C” school in airframes, electronics, avionics, hydraulic, or power plants and related systems training or USMC/USCG equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years Organizational level aircraft maintenance experience.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have a valid drivers’ license and be eligible to qualify for and able to maintain a secret level clearance.
• Recent experience with F-18A-F, EA-18G, MH-60S or AV-8B aircraft strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
• May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
• May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
• May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
• May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
• Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
• Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
• Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
• May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
• Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
• Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
• Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
• May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.