||• Able to get along with crew members in confined quarters for prolonged periods of time.
• Must be able to fulfill physical requirements including pulling heavy lines/hoses, lift, carry heavy items a minimum of 50 pounds, climb onto barges and up and down ladders, and bending and twisting during boat/barge tie up.
• Able to work with or without direct supervision, both as a member of a team and/or as an individual.
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
• Knows how and when to use the emergency equipment and PPE.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
• Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
• Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
• Must be committed to working safely at all times.
• Hold a valid Masters of Towing Vessels endorsed for Inland Waters and Western Rivers.
• Hold a valid Radar Endorsement and FCC license.
• Hold a valid Transportation Workers Identification Credential (T.W.I.C.).
• High school diploma / GED or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Marine Industry, is required.
• Requires a valid driver’s license.
Employee is responsible for his/her own transportation to/from the vessel if they live within 75 miles of the vessel location.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must frequently position, transport and/or move up to 50 or more pounds.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
o Stand; walk; move across large areas including uneven terrain, sometimes quickly;
o Be stationary for long periods of time;
o Work in confined or restrictive working spaces;
o Ascend stairs or ladders, work atop barges, traverse metal walkways at heights;
o Balance with equipment and while moving large and/or heavy objects;
o Use fingers and/or hands to handle and feel equipment;
o Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
o Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or otherwise reach into confined spaces;
o Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
o Bend and twist during boat/barge tie up;
o Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
o Move about in an office environment;
o Work using repetitive motion.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.