||EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, with at least two years of customer service experience.
• Must be 21 years of age by the date of the first interview.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Additional years of customer service experience, preferably in an aviation environment.
• Previous Flight Attendant experience.
• Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
• Must be willing and able to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Must be able and willing to serve and handle peanuts, meals containing shellfish/seafood, beef and pork.
• Able to work with animals and around other allergens and products.
• Must not have tattoos visible while in uniform.
• Must not have multiple piercings visible while in uniform.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
• Able to effectively present information to and respond to questions from management, crew, passengers and the general public.
• Able to speak and be understood in English, including shouted verbal commands during
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY:
• Must be willing to work in a time-sensitive environment and effectively handle stress that is associated with meeting deadlines and managing unexpected change.
• Capable of interpreting a variety of and multiple instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must be able to remain calm, think and react quickly in all types of emergency situations including but not limited to: medical emergencies, aircraft decompression, emergency evacuations, fires, security threats, passenger disturbances, turbulence, etc.
• Must possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits using necessary movements and force up to and including 70 pounds.
• Capable of lifting objects above shoulders up to and including 35 pounds.
• Able to push and pull moveable carts weighing in excess of 250 pounds.
• Able to walk and stand for extended periods, sometimes with aircraft turbulence.
• Must be able to stoop, crouch, squat, climb and kneel.
• Able to see clearly at 20 feet or more with corrective lenses or contacts.
• Able to clearly hear verbal communications in person and over airplane communication systems with ambient aircraft and passenger noise.
• Must be able to sit in assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened without any modifications.
• Must be able to move about aircraft and perform all required functions freely, effectively and quickly in confined environment.
• Able to work extended duty periods on sequential days.