• High school diploma or Certificate of High School Equivalency (G.E.D. - demonstrated satisfactory performance in the General Educational Development Testing Program) with two to three (2-3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior to SIC duties: the applicant for SIC must have the following certificates in his/her possession prior to the start of an assignment as an SIC;
o Commercial Pilot Certificate with appropriate category, class and instrument ratings; minimum of 450 hours
• After hiring, the SIC must complete the following:
o In-Processing and Orientation, as documented in the Instructor Training File (ITF)
o General and Administrative Training
o Aircraft-Specific Ground and Simulator Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Must possess physical range of body motion to perform the following:
o Reach, exert pressure and manipulate the rudder controls and/or anti-torque with both feet.
o Reach and manipulate numerous controls within the Simulator device.
o Enter and exit from the Simulator device via the provided ramp.
o Exit from malfunctioned Simulator while the device is in a severely pitched attitude.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.