KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, OTHER:
• Knowledge of aviation safety standards and practices
• Knowledge of common aviation regulations
• Ability to manage classes and teach effectively
• First-level facilitation skills
• First-level customer service skills
• Ability to be coachable and receive feedback to support development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The
employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
Must possess physical range of body motion to perform the following:
• Reach exert pressure and manipulate the rudder controls and/or anti-torque with both feet.
• Reach and manipulate numerous controls within the Simulator device from the Instructor's chair.
• Enter and exit from the Simulator device via the provided ramp.
• Move between the Instructor station, screen and podium while instructing in the classroom.
• Exit from malfunctioned Simulator while the device is in a severely pitched attitude.