• 2000 hours total flight time
• 1500 hours helicopter time
• 1000 hours helicopter pilot in command
• 500 hours turbine
• 100 hours night unaided or 50 hours unaided with 100 hours aided
• Previous HEMS experience or equivalent – preferred
Education and Credentials/Licenses:
• Commercial rotorcraft helicopter certificate
• Helicopter instrument rating
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to multitask and perform effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Exhibits professionalism, is ethical and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• 230 pound weight limit dressed in flight suit and boots
• Regularly reach with hands and arms
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts
• Required to work in outside weather conditions
• Frequently exposed to blood-borne pathogens or airborne particles
• Frequently exposed to vibrations/turbulence
• Exposed to loud noise levels requiring headphones while in-flight
• Ability to make quick but sound decisions.
• Ability to follow clear oral and /or written procedures without deviation.
• Adapts to irregular work pace.