B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and/or combination of education and related experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five (5) years of flight operations management experience
- Minimum of one (1) year performing duties with similar responsibilities managing aviation operations.
- Thorough knowledge of HN, ICAO and Federal Aviation Administration regulations and other appropriate guidelines pertaining to the contract operation.
- RW applicants:
- 1,500 total rotary wing flight hours.
- 500 hours of turbine engine time.
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified with 300 hours of NVG experience.
- FW applicants:
- 1,500 total fixed wing flight hours.
- 500 hours of turbine multi-engine time.
- 250 hours multi-engine Pilot-in-Command time.
- NVG Experience preferred.
- Conversant in English.
- Qualification in assigned aircraft before or incident to assignment.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate in respective type aircraft.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- As a condition of employment, all candidates must be able to obtain a clearance, pass a physical to deploy, successfully complete a urinalysis and criminal background check and show proof of COVID 19 vaccination
- Previous military flight training or pilot support on the DoS INL/A.
- Previous qualification in one or more of the Site aircraft preferred.
- Experience as a pilot and or planner in deployed contingency operations, or combat, or hostile and/or austere operational.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.