• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
• Familiarity with wide range of tools and equipment associated with support of aviation maintenance efforts.
• Basic knowledge of US Navy tool control policy and procedure to include storage layout, locator systems, and proper material handling procedures.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Will be required to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check as well as favorable fingerprints in EQIP to maintain possession of a CAC card.
• Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
• Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
• 5 years O-level aircraft system maintenance experience.
• Ability to obtain Plane Captain qualification within 60 days from start date.
• Prior military aviation experience on MH-60R aircraft highly preferred