||Education / Skills / Background:
• Associate degree or college degree preferred; High School diploma or state issued equivalent required
• 2-5 years of related job-relevant experience
• Previous experience teaching or training of others preferred.
• Proven experience demonstrating a customer service orientation of work assignments.
• Must be authorized to live/work in the United States
• Basic computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, and other internet-based programs
• Must be able to participate in CAE’s DOT Anti-Drug & Alcohol testing program
• Holds an existing instructor qualification or type rating preferred
• Hold or has held a professional pilots’ license
• Preferred: FAR Part 135 experience, 3,000 hours of total flight time
• Preferred: Possess an unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate and a minimum of one unrestricted PIC type rating preferred
Physical Requirements of this role include:
• The physical dexterity required in performing tasks that require hand / eye coordination and fine motor skills.
• Ability to sit in a confined space for 4-6 hours at a time with limited breaks
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time (as many as 10 hours) with limited breaks
• Ability to sit, stoop, climb and twist and turn
The ideal candidate should also possess:?
• A “true” professional character with the ability to create a welcoming and successful learning environment
• The proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels, both spoken and written
• Commitment to the customer - providing continuous “red carpet” customer service
• The capability to tailor training sessions to the needs of a diverse customer base
• A keen eye for detail – must be able and willing to maintain accurate and timely records in accordance with CAE policy and FAA requirements