||If no ATP, must meet the requirements of:
• 14 CFR part 61.153
• 14 CFR part 61.64 without a Supervised Operating Experience (SOE) limitation.
• A minimum of one unrestricted PIC type rating;
• Preferred: FAR Part 135, FAR Part 121, or military training experience;
• Preferred: 2,500 hours of total flight time
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Knowledge of aviation safety standards and practices
• Knowledge of common aviation regulations
• Ability to manage classes and teach effectively
• First-level facilitation skills
• First-level customer service skills
• Ability to be coachable and receive feedback to support development
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
Must possess physical range of body motion to perform the following:
• Reach, exert pressure and manipulate the rudder controls and/or anti-torque with both feet.
• Reach and manipulate numerous controls within the Simulator device from the Instructor's chair.
• Enter and exit from the Simulator device via the provided ramp.
• Move between the Instructor station, screen and podium while instructing in the classroom.
• Exit from malfunctioned Simulator while the device is in a severely pitched attitude.