• Must have a High School diploma or GED.
• Preferred, One (1) year aircraft experience and completion of Aviation School or one (1) year experience with OJT certification on selected tasks.
• Must have basic mechanical aptitude.
• Must be able to pass comprehensive testing, demonstrate practical knowledge after the training, and successfully complete examination by the Plane Captain Board to become a qualified Plane Captain within 120 days.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, are required.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
Climbing, standing stooping, bending pushing, kneeling, stretching, extensive walking, and working in tiring uncomfortable positions. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.