To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience:
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Operation and Safety Requirements:
• As a member of the Flight Crew, any person employed in this position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 250 pounds and shall be less than seventy (70) years old.
• Pilots must have flown in category for a commercial operator or in the military within the previous 24 months
• Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public and strives to maintain a friendly and professional working environment.
Visual Flight Rules (VFR) Program:
• 2000 total flight hours with minimum of 1500 flight hours in category
• 1000 hours PIC in category
• 500 hours of rotor wing turbine time
• 200 hours of cross-country flight time, at least 50 hours of which were at night
• 100 hours unaided night as PIC (50 hours of unaided can be substituted for by 100 hours of NVG time, but cannot be reduced below 50 hours of unaided time)
• 50 hours total actual or hood instrument time in flight and in category (simulator time does not count) (for a RW candidate who is FW rated, 100 hours or greater of FW actual or hood Instrument time can reduce the RW required instrument time to 25 hours).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Commercial & Instrument Rating (for category and class of aircraft)
• ATP rating in category meets this requirement
• First OR Second Class FAA Medical certificate required.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Regular scheduled attendance.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.