• Engineering/Technical degree and 6 years’ experience in heavy construction/industrial surveying, involving a mix of field and office duties with modern instruments, software, and technology; with at least 3 years’ supervisorial experience, or in lieu of a degree, 12 years’ experience, with at least 3 years’ supervisorial experience.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction methods and processes customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
• Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Incidents” safety program. Must have a strong drive toward Safety, both on and off the job, a commitment to seeing everyone go home each day as well and healthy as they came to work that day.
• Knowledge of Bechtel quality standards. Must have a solid record of successful project completion with little to zero rework.
• Knowledge of heavy industrial construction survey principles.
• Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to heavy industrial construction surveying field & office activities.
• Working knowledge of Bechtel construction procedures.
• Displays effective communications skills crucial to motivating team members and presenting plans in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment, able to formulate a working relationship with survey team members, other departments, and contractors.
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Excellent problem-solving ability.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Survey CAD software, such as TBC (Trimble Business Center) and AutoCAD Civil 3D; including proficiency with construction layout computations and generation of Digital Terrain Models (DTM) and volumes computations; and drafting of as staked/as-built data.
• Demonstrated proficiency with transferring data to and from field data controllers.
• General awareness of environmental laws.
• Awareness of government compliance standards.
• Must have and maintain a current FAA Part 107 – Remote Pilot’s Certificate (or better).
• Must have demonstrated experience piloting UAV’s, both rotary and fixed wing.
• Must have working knowledge of UAV Flight Data / Photogrammetry processing software.
• Must be able to live and work in the USA without sponsorship.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment and education.
• Must be physically capable to participate in project walkdowns, which may require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in or maneuvering around very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 40lbs without assistance.
• This project may have multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime, weekends and/or night shift when a business need arises.
• Prior Bechtel Survey Mega-Project experience.
• Knowledge of Bechtel’s - Unmanned Aerial System Operations Procedure.
• Experience with 3D Laser Scanning hardware and software a plus.