• Shift work and detachments are required.
• High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum two (2) years actual and recent organizational level aircraft maintenance experience desired.
• Must have a valid Virginia or North Carolina Driver license (if North Carolina resident)
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending and stooping.
• Must be able to obtain an approved status from the Contractor Verification system which includes a 7 year background check and obtain a Security Clearance for Public Trust
• US Citizenship required due to the nature of the work
• F/A-18 Plane Captain, Brake Rider, Move Director
• Preferred completion of military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
• Prior experience with U.S. Navy aviation experience on F/A-18 aircraft highly preferred.