To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience:
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Operation and Safety Requirements:
• As a member of the Flight Crew, any person employed in this position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 250 pounds and shall be less than seventy (70) years old.
• Pilots must have flown in category for a commercial operator or in the military within the previous 24 months
• Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public and strives to maintain a friendly and professional working environment
IFR Pilots (Airplane/FW Pilots & Helicopter Pilots)
• 2500 Total Flight Hours
• 2000 flight hours in category (RW or FW depending on req)
• 1000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC), in category (RW only)
• 500 hours of rotor wing turbine time
• 500 hours of cross country (50 @ night)
• 100 hours unaided night (or 50 hours + 100 NVG)
• 75 hours total actual or hood instrument time
• 50 hours total hood in aircraft
• 20 hours actual instrument conditions/category
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Commercial & Instrument Rating (for category and class of aircraft)
• ATP rating in category meets this requirement
• First OR Second Class FAA Medical certificate required.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Regular scheduled attendance
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.