• Shift work required, detachments are possible.
• High School graduate or equivalent. with a minimum Five (3) years actual and recent organizational level F/A-18 aircraft maintenance experience with 3 years prior F/A-18 A-F Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) or Quality Assurance Representative experience. Must Obtain CDI within 30 days of promotion/hire date.
• Must have a valid Virginia or North Carolina Driver license (if North Carolina resident)
• Must have completed a military Aviation technical "A" School.
• Must be F/A-18 E/F Plane Captain qualified.
• Applicants must have a extensive knowledge of W/C 310 daily operational requirements, and OOMA procedures.
• Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
• Applicants must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding on the use of IETMS, COMNAVAIRFORCES 4790.2 Series and all applicable maintenance/inspection related publications.
• Applicants must have the ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
• Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Must be able to obtain an approved status from the Contractor Verification system which includes a 7 year background check and obtain a Security Clearance for Public Trust.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
• Ramp Stamp (restricted/unrestricted)
• A/S32A-45 Tow Tractor
• A/M32A-108; A/M24M-6 power carts